Okay, so now you have completed conceptualizing a product idea, the design is ready and your engineers have started building it. What next? You obviously gear up to make a big launch of the product.
What is the checklist you need to go through before you can say that you are ready for the launch from the marketing perspective?
Here are some items which I think are important:
- Naming the product
- Product messaging
- Product positioning
- Target market segmentation
- Sales strategy
- Pricing and introduction offers strategy
- Marketing plan preparation
- Advertising channel identification and finalization
- Channels identification (?)
Coming to more of operational items:
- Logo and website design
- Search Engine Optimization
- Literature Preparation (brochures, flyers, conference panels etc)
- Sales tools preparation – whitepapers, demos, FAQs etc
- Press release
- Newsletter preparation and opt-in management
- Social media promotion strategy and preparation for the same - you can’t avoid this if you want to reach out masses in a short time
Can anything more be added to this list?
Once you have the checklist ready, what do you think is the best way to plan and execute these items so that none of these are sidelined just because “we don’t have time right now!” or "we can always do those later"?