Marketing channels have evolved a lot – from print, TV, radio, websites, emails, online to now, social media. Today, online marketing and social media have become the most preferred channels for most of the businesses. But as anyone would agree, these are still evolving and many businesses are trying to figure out what works and what does not work for them. Having said that, while it is natural to stick to the commonly used marketing activities such as SEO, email campaigns, paid ads and social media, I always suggest that businesses should be open to explore the newer and powerful avenues too.
Monday, June 1, 2015
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Twitter website mentions that Twitter has 302 million monthly active users and 500 million Tweets are sent per day! But even today, I very frequently answer questions like “Does Twitter work for businesses?” or “What can a business tweet about?” or “I don’t have time to be on Twitter – it’s for people who have no work”…arghhh…
Anyway, I have made peace with such questions – because I think these are simply because of the unawareness about the platform or the genuine lack of knowledge as to how powerfully businesses can leverage Twitter to connect and engage with prospects and customers.
In this post I am going to share few ideas which you can use on the Twitter handle for your business –
- Link to a YouTube or Vimeo video relevant to your niche
- Link to a list of blogs which could be useful for your target audience
- A special offer – just for Twitter followers
- If there is a glitch in some platform, share it along with the resolution (if you know it)
- Connect two people, who you think will value the introductions
- Ask a simple question which your followers will like to answer
- A link to a new app/ tool you discovered
- Review of a new app/ tool – tag the people who you think will especially benefit from it
- Inspiring, motivational and relevant quotes –humor works well too!
- Link to an interesting presentation on SlideShare
- A collation of interesting industry stats
- Link to an interesting poll
- An infographic (there are tons of ready infographics at Daily Infographic if you don’t have time to create your own infographic)
- Behind the scene photos
- Access to beta of a new product
- Join the ongoing conversations with trending hashtags
- Ask feedback on new product
- Office photos – don’t forget to tag the employees
- A happy customer photo
- Recommend a tool which you have found useful for something specific
- Share a book if you thought you have benefitted from it
- Randomly thank followers for their RTs or Favorites
- Exclusive photos of your products
- An event you plan to attend
- Be part of a Twitter chat
- Opinions about current events
- If you're planning to attend an conference, join he conversations through event #hashtag before / during / after event
- Logo or website design of the early versions of your product!
- Link to a relevant podcast or webinar recording
- Random posts like dinner plans or weekend plans – Yes, it’s okay to share it from business handle because it will show that you are a real person
- Share popular, trending Reddit topic
- Share video testimonial
- Post a picture and ask followers to come up with interesting captions for the image
- Breaking industry news
- Wish your followers on holidays
- Offer free eBook
- Feature a star employee
- Share industry research with your point of view
- Humor – cartoons work the best at the start of the day!
- Finally, don’t forget to respond to a tag
Got any more to add? Share your ideas through comments.